I recently co-hosted a “Sip & See” at my house for a friend in our home group. Judy and Michael welcomed their second little girl, Millie, in August. She’s so precious and petite. Two other ladies in our home group co-hosted with me and were such a big help. It was a nice to hang out with the families and kiddos running around. It seems like one of us is always pregnant in the group.. this time there was two of us and lots of babies/toddlers . I didn’t take that many photos – but here a couple from the Sip & See. Congrats Michael and Judy – Millie is just beautiful!
I recently made home made potato soup based on my mom’s recipe. It’s perfect for a Fall or Winter lunch/dinner. It’s also great to freeze and save for later. Add a nice turkey sandwich with this and you’ve got yourself a decent meal.
- 5 Baking Potatoes
- Chicken Broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Garlic Powder (and actual garlic if you want)
- Onion Powder
- Salt / Pepper
- Any other seasonings you may want for example: Tony Chachere (we literally put this on everything), pinch of Oregano, pinch of Basil, etc…
- Green Onions
- Chopped Bacon pieces
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Peel & quater your potatoes (or make smaller if you wish)
- Boil in 1/2 Chicken Broth and 1/2 Water, just covering the potatoes in a large pot
- Sautee onions & garlic (to your taste)
- When potatoes are tender, gently mash them in the pot with the broth (leave a little chunky).
- Add the sauteed onions to the pot.
- Add cream &/Or milk (to the consistency of your liking)
- Serve topped with green onions, bacon pieces, cheese, and sour cream.
This weekend we had a small Fall Gather Luncheon. It was a collection of girls from our (Creative Christian Women’s) Gather retreat back in April, as well as, a couple new faces. It was a couple hours of good food, deep conversation, catching up and laughter. I’m so blessed and grateful to have these friends. Thanks again to Amanda for coordinating and Vivian to hosting at her beautiful home that’s straight out of Anthropology! I seemed to socialize a bit more than I took photos, so here are just a couple from the luncheon. Stay tuned for what’s in store for Gather (Gathered & Stitched) in 2013!