I’m not usually over obsessive about decorating my house for the most part, but I got really into creating this nursery for our soon to be here little boy. I’ll blame it on “nesting”. I went into it with a general idea of what I wanted: Neutrals, affordable, safari animals, maps. I didn’t want to over-do it, but wanted something that would also transition well into a “big boy” room when necessary. I’m super pleased with the outcome and proud of myself for taking time to do massive research and price comparing/planning before purchasing most items.
Some of my favorite items in the room are the hand-stitched Lord’s prayer by a family friend (amazing!), the water-colored elephants that my grandma painted (we’ll be updating the frame with a neutral colored matte so it’s not purple), the hand-sewn bedding & pillows by a friend’s mom, the animal photos, the elephant lamp (gifted to us), the glider & ginormous ottoman, and of course the “vintage” map – which only cost $4.
A special thanks to my hubby for his patience through my nesting, for all his heavy-lifting and big trip to IKEA with me, and for taking 2 days to paint the nursery. Oh, and for allowing me to spend our money on making this room very special. Also, a big thanks to my parents who contributed towards a few pieces in the nursery! We’re very grateful.
Here’s how it all came together! (Resources with links at the very bottom.)
- Paint: Benjamin Moore “Old Prairie”
- Animal photos: The Animal Print Shop // Frames: Ribba IKEA
- White Photo Ledges: Ribba IKEA
- Crib: Gulliver White – IKEA
- Bedding & Pillows: Hand Sewn by “Wee See Three” – she doesn’t specialize in bedding but did an amazing job.
- Fabric: Warehouse Fabrics Inc & Fabric Worm
- Rug: Havbro Rug – IKEA
- White Cube Shelves: Expedit shelves – IKEA
- Baskets inside shelves: Nasum IKEA
- Curtains – IKEA (comes in sets)
- Diaper Changing Table/Dresser: Given to us by a friend
- Glider: Nursery Works Cole Golder – Slate w/ Ecru Piping (matching ottoman discontinued)
- Ottoman: Babyletto “Kyoto” Ottoman in Slate w/ Ecru Piping
- Map: Paper Source Wrapping paper // Frame: Ribba IKEA
- Elephant Lamp: Home Goods (gift from friend)